How Essential Oils
Can Help You This Spring
Essential oils have gained popularity because of their variety of uses. Not only can you diffuse them into the air to help make the rooms in your home smell nice, but they can help with seasonal allergies and cleaning. Below you’ll find some benefits of using them for both.
The following essential oils can help with your seasonal allergies:
● Lavender: use lavender to help calm and reduce inflammation caused by allergies. Use it in a diffuser for aromatherapy, or add a couple of drops to a bath.
● Sandalwood, Frankincense, and Ravensara: this blend of oils has been shown to be a positive treatment for allergic rhinitis. Study participants reported improvement with their blocked nasal passages, runny and itchy noses, and sneezing.
● Eucalyptus: this oil is known as an anti-inflammatory and may help with your congestion. The cooling sensation you experience while breathing it in may also help you feel relief as you combat allergies.
● Peppermint: this oil is also known to reduce inflammation, so diffusing it into the air can help with allergy symptoms.
● Lemon: citrus-scented essential oils are often used in aromatherapy to boost alertness and energy. Lemon essential oil can also help clear your sinuses and reduce congestion.
Here are a few ways you can use essential oils in your spring cleaning:
● Tea Tree, Oregano, and Eucalyptus: these oils have been proven to work against viruses like the norovirus, influenza, and others.
● Eucalyptus, Lavender, Tea Tree, Rosemary: these oils are airborne antimicrobials, which means they’ll help eliminate the musty smell on bed linens caused by dust and other airborne microbes.
● Black Pepper: while this oil may smell more spicy than fresh, it can be combined with a citrus oil to create a great kitchen cleaner, and has been found to be effective against bacterias such as e. Coli and salmonella.
● Lemon, Orange, Cedarwood: this combination of oils is great if you have many different wood furniture pieces in your home, and leaves behind a fresh aroma.
If you’re in need of essential oils and a variety of healthy products for your home, The Tea Tree is your place to go. Visit our store located at 29 North River St, in Batavia, IL, or visit our website to browse our selection of products.